“Chris makes big, complicated concepts so easy to understand. He is incredibly patient and compassionate.”
“I’d always had a bit of an allergy to financial planning and never imagined that I would find someone who actually understood me, spoke the same language, and valued similar things. “
I’m a fee-only financial planner, which means I don’t make commissions or sell any kind of product. You pay me for the work we do together… and that’s all.
The cost of that work is dependant on your situation, and every proposal I write is custom made for you. But I understand that isn’t very helpful when you’re trying to price out options, and so below you can find the typical range for the most common work that I do with people.
If you don’t see yourself in the descriptions below but you still want to work together, don’t hesitate to reach out and we can talk about the best way for me to provide you with support.
If this looks like the right work for you, but it’s out of your price range, please check out my PAY-WHAT-YOU-CAN options.
Financial StabilityManaging Variable Income, Paying off Debt, Saving More
- Focus on grounding spending in your personal values
- System for managing variable/fixed income and expenses
- Detailed plan to pay off debt for the last time (if needed)
- Detailed plan to save for your goals
- 12 months of financial support as you incorporate these fundamentals into your life
Financial SustainabilityBuilding your life in the future: Home, Family, Retirement
- Includes a comprehensive financial plan addressing your key financial questions and 12 months of financial support. Common questions may include:
- How & where to save for your longer term goals (home, kids education, new business), and how to prioritize what comes first?
- How much do you need for your retirement (whether you connect to the word ‘retirement’ or not)? What can you expect from government sources in the future and what will you have to supply yourself?
- How do you protect yourself against the risks and uncertainty of the future?
Advanced PlanningCross Border Planning & Corporations
- Issues of advanced planning often crop up in both stability and sustainability work. This causes extra complexity and will be reflected in the price. Common advice provided includes:
- Advice on US citizenship’s affect on Canadian residents
- Cross border cashflow advice for dual citizens and digital nomads
- Advice on corporate cashflow
“There is work to do that can be intimidating; gathering all of your financial information, sharing how you spend your money and what you spend it on. However, after going through the process with Chris, all of our financial anxiety went away. In fact, Chris does most of the heavy lifting, he gathers all of your data and buckets it. He then presents you with a system of managing your money, coaching you along the way, helping you to understand why it makes so much sense and why. My only regret is that I didn’t meet Chris 35 years ago!”
If you’re interested in working together, we should talk. Here’s what the next couple of steps look like:
The form is just a little lower on this page, and once you finish and submit. Once we receive the form you will be contacted by Jiveney our administrator to schedule your initial 30 minute free session.
We’ll meet, chat, and ask each other some questions. No need to bring anything to this first minute except for any questions you have. This meeting is to see if we’re a good fit for each other
If I think I can help you out, I’ll send you an official proposal that will outline our work together and exactly what it will cost you.
Now that you’ve got all the information you need, you can decide whether you want to continue.
No problem if you’d rather not! No pressure at all.